Wednesday, April 12, 2006

There's a damn yurta in my garden...

Well, not actually in my garden but the yard in front of my tower block. I saw some guys standing in a line looking appreciative last night but the trees obscured the view and I assumed that it was a dry wall or a German car they were staring admiringly at. Yurtas are the traditional Kyrgyz dwellings that you rarely see in the city, but in the villages some people still live in them. Anyhow, here’s the one currently doing duty in front of my apartment.


What the hell is going on? I’m hoping this is a temporary thing for a celebration or wedding or something and not the government’s solution to the housing shortage problem.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:47 am  
Blogger Michael said...

oops...let me try that again.

A yurta in your garden? Now *there's* something you don't hear everyday.

Is there now also a herd of yaks grazing on your lawn?

I am jealous. Nothing like that ever happens *here*...

9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home